Inspiring story of a shop owner Kendall Warnock who went from growing up on a Native American reservation to successfully owning and operating a thriving business.
Thank you to RepairPal for sponsoring The Auto Repair Marketing Podcast. Learn more about RepairPal at https://repairpal.com/shops
Show Notes with Timestamps
- Growing up on the reservation (00:03:20) Kendall shares his experience of growing up on the Omaha Indian Reservation and the challenges he faced.
- Moving to Lincoln, Nebraska (00:05:20) Kendall talks about his move to Lincoln, Nebraska, a city with a population of 300,000, and his initial struggles to adapt.
- Breaking point and determination (00:07:08) Kendall recounts a pivotal moment in his life when he decided to make a change and stop using food stamps, showing his determination to create a better future.
- The turning point (00:08:00) Kendall discusses the moment when he decided to stop using food stamps and make a change in his life.
- Working in the automotive industry (00:08:23) Kendalls experience working at different shops and dealerships before starting his own business.
- Moving to downtown Lincoln (00:13:35) Kendall talks about the decision to move his shop to downtown Lincoln and the challenges and successes that came with it.
- The road construction project and downsizing (00:15:38) How a road construction project and their failure to downsize led to the demise of their shop.
- Moving back to Louisiana (00:16:47) Felt called by the Lord to move back to Louisiana after closing their shop and going through bankruptcy.
- The importance of coaching and getting support (00:19:33) The importance of getting coaching and support in orderto understand the business side of running a shop and improve as a business owner.
- Maintaining Relationships and Seeking Growth (00:22:36) Discussion on the importance of maintaining relationships but also recognizing the need to seek growth outside of one's comfort zone.
- Taking Care of Yourself for Business Success (00:24:26) Emphasis on the importance of prioritizing personal health and fitness to ensure the ability to lead and support a team.
- Core Values and Hiring Practices (00:27:19)Exploration of the company's core values, including integrity, pride, passion, giving back, humility, and consistent improvement, and how they inform hiring decisions and daily operations.
- Marketing with Billboards (00:30:16) Discussion of using electronic billboards to target specific audiences and track ROI.
- Radio Advertising (00:33:08) Exploration of the benefits and challenges of radio advertising, including a partnership with a local sports station.
- Authentic Social Media Presence (00:35:50) Importance of showcasing personal values, team dynamics, and family life on social media to build trust and connection with customers.
- Kendall's introduction to "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (00:37:54) Kendall talks about how he was introduced to the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie and how it has had a profound impact on his life.
- Offer to send the book to the first three people who email (00:40:28)In honor of Kendall, the host offers to send a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" to the first three people who email their address, emphasizing the life-changing impact of the book. firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Get In Touch
Group - Auto Repair Marketing Mastermind
Website - shopmarketingpros.com
Facebook - facebook.com/shopmarketingpros
Get the Book - shopmarketingpros.com/book
Instagram - @shopmarketingpros
Questions/Ideas - email@example.com