In this week’s episode, our guest is The Queen of Connections. But wait, isn’t that Kim? Yes, yes, it is. Brian interviews Kim about why you would want to attend networking events, maintaining proper networking etiquette, and best practices for before, during, and after the event. If you’re new to networking, or if you’re a seasoned veteran looking to upgrade your networking skills, this is the episode for you!
- Why do you go to networking events?
- How should you prepare ahead of time?
- Business cards (check out digital cards: Hi Hello)
- Know ahead who you want to meet (use event app)
- Have your calendar handy
- How can you stand out at a networking event?
- Talk about being a host
- Act as if you are A host not THE host
- What are some rules of networking that someone new may not know?
- Open posture
- Move around the room - don’t monopolize someone’s time
- Respect people’s business cards
- You’re not there to sell
- What is a networking buddy?
- Makes the events more enjoyable
- Can rescue you from people who don’t know the rules - have a signal
- Don’t spend all of your time with the networking buddy
- Is there anything you should do after the event?
- Immediately make notes
- Follow up
- Make appointments. THIS is when you get to sell - MAYBE
How To Get In Touch
Group - Auto Repair Marketing Mastermind
Website - shopmarketingpros.com
Facebook - facebook.com/shopmarketingpros
Get the Book - shopmarketingpros.com/book
Instagram - @shopmarketingpros
Thanks to our partner RepairPal. Visit the Web HERE
How to Connect With Kim and Brian
Shop Marketing Pros Website HERE
Meet us at the many industry events throughout the year.